As the pandemic reaches new waves, it’s more important than ever to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Wearing a mask to your appointment, and especially during your treatment, is essential to help protect against these risks. Your mask must be worn over your nose and mouth the entire time you are in the clinic. Here are some face mask-wearing tips for your massage I’ve picked up along the way to ensure your comfort.
- Take a few deep breaths: It takes a minute to acclimatize after rushing in from outside. Take a few slow, deep breaths when you get on the table and are waiting for your treatment to begin. You’ll likely find that it will be easier to breathe as time passes.
- Start on your back: If you need more time to adapt, try beginning your treatment laying on your back. When it’s time to turn to your stomach, you’ll likely be more relaxed and comfortable breathing in the mask.
- Adjust the headrest: If you have a hard time breathing deeply while on your stomach, remember that the headrest can adjusted. It can be widened, raised or lowered to accommodate your needs. Just let me know and I will help you find a comfortable position.
- Try a different mask: In general cloth masks are a bit more difficult to breathe in than disposable ones. If you are having a hard time, you may want to try switching to a disposable, surgical-style mask for your treatments. Note: as of January 2022, cloth masks are no longer accepted unless they are worn in combination with a surgical mask.
- Unhook your ear loops: While lying on your stomach, with your mask covering your face and nose, you can try unhooking the ear loops and let the headrest keep the mask in place to take some of the extra pressure off. Just remember to secure the loops again before you turn over!
- Try a different position: Did you know you can still have a full body massage without laying on your stomach at all? Try your treatment in side-lying if you find it too difficult to breathe with a mask on while on your stomach.
I wear my mask to protect you and I thank you for wearing yours to protect me. ❤