We’re very happy to be welcoming you back to Spring Wellness!
Under the direction of our regulatory body, the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, and the advice of Public Health and the Ministry of Health, we have put new policies and procedures in place to ensure we have as safe an environment as possible. Please read the following and contact us if you have any questions.
You will be screened twice for COVID-19 symptoms before your appointment:
- Virtually by completing a screening form linked in your appointment reminder email.
- In person immediately prior to your appointment.
Your RMT will also self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to each appointment. If either you or your RMT screen positive, the appointment will not go forward.
***Please note that while our 24-hours’ notice cancellation policy remains in effect, there will be no charge for appointments cancelled due to the onset of symptoms of illness.***
Arriving for your Appointment
Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment in order to help control traffic flow in the clinic.
Saturday Appointments: The main doors to the Delisle Court Professional Centre may still be locked on Saturdays until further notice. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment, and call or text us at 647-317-1771 if you find the door locked upon arrival. ***Note that the building entrance off Delisle Avenue is not currently in use on Saturdays. Please arrive at the entrance off Yonge Street (just south of Heath Street West) above Dollarama.***
At the Clinic
Please wear a clean mask (reusable or disposable) to your appointment. Your mask must be kept on while in the clinic. If you do not have a mask, disposable masks are available for purchase for $2.00 each.
Upon entering the clinic, please sanitize your hands with the hand sanitizer available. For the time being, our clinic bathroom will be restricted to staff only. We ask that you please use the bathroom before coming to your appointment or that you use the public Professional Centre bathrooms on your way in.
Water, tea and mints will not be available for the time being. Please bring your own water if you think you will be thirsty.
The use of heating pads and table warmers during treatments is not allowed at this time.
Paying for your Appointment
You will be able to use our Square Point of Sale system to pay with debit or credit, but please note that many credit card providers do not allow for contactless transactions over $100. If you prefer, you can send us an etransfer in advance of your appointment. If you would like to do this, please send an email to email@example.com requesting an invoice be sent to you. We ask that you please do not pay for your appointment in cash at this time.
Receipts will be emailed to the email address we have on file for you.
Ample time will be allocated between appointments to help facilitate physical distancing between patients as well as to be able to carry out enhanced infection prevention and control procedures. This will mean that appointment availability may be limited. We encourage you to book your appointments in advance as it may be difficult to find last minute spots. As well, please ensure that you cancel your appointment if need be with more than 24 hour’s notice so that someone else might be able to benefit from the available time.
Appointment bookings are now available online again. We will also be sending out weekly availability emails so you can easily see at a glance what we have open. Please note that if you do not wish you receive those emails, you can opt out at any time.
Infection Prevention & Control
Much of the following was already in place at the clinic, but additional measures have been implemented for everyone’s safety:
- Proper hand-washing protocol is followed by RMTs before and after each treatment at a minimum – hands and forearms up to the elbows are washed with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- After each appointment, the treatment room and common area furniture and surfaces are disinfected with Health Canada approved cleaners, including but not limited to the massage table and face cradle, stool, oil/lotion bottles, tables, desks, shelving, door knobs, light switches, electronics, including tablets, POS machine, clipboards and pens, bathroom counter, sink taps and toilet handle.
- All linens are changed after each treatment. Dirty linen is kept in a plastic bag in a closed laundry bin until laundered professionally.
- Furniture that cannot be easily disinfected has been removed from the clinic.
- RMTs will wear a surgical mask during treatment and whenever within 2 metres of patients. Other PPE (gloves, safety googles, etc.) will be worn if deemed necessary.
- Cleaning and maintenance logs will be maintained.
- A log of all visitors (patients, couriers, maintenance workers, etc.) will be maintained should the need for contact tracing arise.
While we are excited to have you back at the clinic, please remember that even though we will take the appropriate safety precautions, there is still a risk involved in coming for treatment. If you do not feel ready to come back, there is no rush whatsoever. We will be here when you are!
Thank you for your continued support of Spring Wellness. We look forward to seeing you very soon!