We’re very happy to be welcoming you back to Spring Wellness! Under the direction of our regulatory body, the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, and the advice of Public Health, we have put new COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in place to ensure we have as safe an environment as possible. Please read the following and contact us if you have any questions.
Last updated: May 2021
We screen patients twice for COVID-19 symptoms before each appointment:
- Virtually by completing a screening form linked in your appointment reminder email.
- In person immediately prior to your appointment.
Your RMT will also self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to each appointment. If either you or your RMT screen positive, the appointment will not go forward.
***Please note that while our 24-hours’ notice cancellation policy remains in effect, there is no charge for appointments cancelled due to the onset of symptoms of illness.***
Arriving for your Appointment
Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment in order to help control traffic flow in the clinic.
Weekend Appointments: The main doors to the Delisle Court Professional Centre are locked on weekends. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment and dial ‘214’ on the intercom and we will buzz you in. ***Note that the building entrance off Delisle Avenue is not currently in use on weekends. Please arrive at the entrance on the 2nd floor off Yonge Street (just south of Heath Street West) above Dollarama.***
At the Clinic
Please wear a clean mask (reusable or disposable) to your appointment. Your mask must be kept on, covering your nose and mouth the entire time you are in the clinic, including while on your stomach during your treatment. For tips for wearing your mask during a massage, please see here. If you do not have a mask, disposable masks are available for purchase for $2.00 each.
Upon entering the clinic, please sanitize your hands with the hand sanitizer available. The clinic bathroom is restricted to staff only. We ask that you please use the bathroom before coming to your appointment or the Professional Centre bathrooms on your way in.
Water, tea and mints will not be available for the time being.
Paying for your Appointment
We accept payment by debit or credit. If you prefer, you can send us an etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your appointment. We ask that you please do not pay for your appointment in cash at this time.
Your receipt is emailed to the email address we have on file for you after payment.
We allocate ample time between appointments to facilitate physical distancing and to be able to carry out enhanced infection prevention and control procedures. This means that appointment availability is more limited than normal. We encourage you to book your appointments in advance as it may be difficult to find last minute spots. Please ensure that you cancel your appointment if need be with more than 24 hour’s notice so that someone else might be able to benefit from the available time.
Appointment bookings are available online. We send out weekly availability emails so you can easily see at a glance what we have open. Please note that if you do not wish you receive those emails, you can opt out at any time.
Infection Prevention & Control
Much of the following was already in place at the clinic, but additional measures have been implemented for everyone’s safety:
- We follow proper hand-washing protocol before and after each treatment at a minimum – washing hands and forearms up to the elbows with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- The clinic HVAC system and the HEPA air purifier in our treatment room run the entire time people are in the clinic. We also utilize a humidifier in the treatment room, which recent studies have shown may help make infectious particles bigger and heavier causing them to drop from the air.
- After each appointment, we disinfect the treatment room and common area furniture, surfaces and floors with Health Canada approved cleaners. Items we disinfect include the massage table and face cradle, stool, oil/lotion bottles, tables, desks, shelving, door knobs, light switches, electronics, including tablets, POS machine, clipboards and pens, bathroom counter, sink taps and toilet handle.
- We change all linens after each treatment and keep dirty linen in a plastic bag in a closed laundry bin to be professionally laundered.
- Furniture that cannot be easily disinfected has been removed from the clinic.
- RMTs wear a ASTM approved surgical mask as well as eye protection during treatment and whenever within 2 metres of patients. We wear extra PPE (gloves, gowns, etc.) when necessary.
- The clinic maintains an Infection Prevention & Control and Maintenance log.
- The clinic maintains a log of all visitors (patients, couriers, maintenance workers, etc.) should the need for contact tracing arise.
Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures are in place to help keep us both safe. While we are excited to have you back at the clinic, please remember that even though we take the appropriate safety precautions, there is still a risk involved in coming for treatment. If you do not feel ready to come back, there is no rush whatsoever. We will be here when you are!
If you have any questions or concerns surrounding our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, please contact us.
Thank you for your continued support of Spring Wellness. We look forward to seeing you very soon!